Friday, April 8, 2011

EMPIRE

He is beautiful - What I love most about scrapping is celebrating my wonderful family and all that I love about them.

Buddies? Maybe not. Yesterday at soccer training, these guys were fighting! Oh dear! :-(








I am very sentimental about these layouts as they were my first effort on Cheryl-Lee's design team! I'll never forget this - I was up at the shop (no kids) and somehow I asked her "have you ever thought of having someone do some pages to sell some products" and she said "it's never really worked out" and I said "it might work with me" and with that she pulled out the ENTIRE range of new stuff for Empire and Prairie Lane and sent me home! I was so excited and I was really pleased with the results.

One of my focuses in this 6 page project was to use the lettering DIFFERENTLY - showcasing how what at first glance could be quite a feminine "floaty" type range can work for grungey boy layouts, right out to baby boy layouts and of course Mum with little boy layouts!  I sanded the letters, or I left them plain, or I sewed over them. And I love using the negatives (ahem when I ran out of e's as always! hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment